Contact Us:
07002007332
CheapDeveloper
CheapDeveloper » Webmaster » News » Ahrefs research: Google rewrites title tags 33.4% of the time

Ahrefs research: Google rewrites title tags 33.4% of the time

19 November 2021, Friday By M. Konwar
102
0

A study by Ahrefs revealed how often Google actually changes title. 

The search engine team originally stated that original title titles are used about 87% of the time. Ahrefs analyzed 953,276 pages that rank in the top 10 of the search engine for various queries, and found that this figure is significantly lower - 66.6%. Thus, Google rewrites title tags 33.4% of the time. The study also showed that in September 2021, Google rewrote titles 33% more often than in June.

study by Ahrefs

According to SearchEngines, most often the search engine uses the H1 and H2 headings to rewrite the title tag. They account for about 54% of alternative titles. In the remaining 46% of cases, other tags are used. 

The study authors advise keeping an eye on long title titles. Google is currently 57% more likely to rewrite titles with a length of 600 pixels or more than in June 2021.

Discuss
Add a comment
Comments (0)
Comment
Partners