Samsung publishes Android 11 release schedule for its devices
Three months after Google unveiled the release version of the Android mobile operating system, Samsung has released a roadmap of updates for its gadgets. Representatives of the vendor described in detail the release schedule of the latest firmware for more than 40 models of branded smartphones and tablets.
The full update cycle for all supported devices will take about nine months: the latest Android 11 OS with a proprietary One UI shell will eventually be available for 42 smartphones and tablets of the company. The graph presented by the manufacturer is as follows:
- December 2020: Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra
- January 2021: Galaxy S10, S10 +, Note10, Note10+, S10 Lite, Z Flip, Z Fold 2, Note20, Note20 Ultra
- February 2021: Galaxy Fold
- March 2021: Galaxy M30s, A51, Note10 Lite, M31, M21, Tab S7
- April 2021: Galaxy A50, M51
- May 2021: Galaxy A70, A80, Tab S6, A71, A31, A21s, Tab S6 Lite
- June 2021: Galaxy Tab A, A01 Core, A01, A11, M11
- July 2021: Galaxy A30, Tab S5e
- August 2021: Galaxy A10, A10s, A20, A20s, A30s, A10.1, Tab Active Pro
- September 2021: Galaxy Tab A8 (2019)
The busiest months for Samsung with the release of Android 11 will be January, March, May and August 2021. At the same time, minor changes in the update schedule are still possible and will depend on the region in which the gadget was implemented.