Redmi 9: quad camera, capacious battery and NFC
Without any announcements or presentations, Xiaomi has released the new inexpensive smartphone Redmi 9. The device has already appeared on the official website of the company in some European countries. It received a capacious 5020 mAh battery, a MediaTek processor, a quad camera, and support for contactless payments.
Redmi 9 is equipped with a 6.53-inch IPS display with a teardrop cutout for the front camera. The fingerprint scanner is located in the back along with four rear camera modules. The resolution of the main sensor is 13 MP. One of the interesting features is the support for video recording with the kaleidoscope effect.
The hardware platform uses an eight-core MediaTek Helio G80 processor. According to the company's assurances, in comparison with Redmi 8, productivity increased by 107%, and in terms of graphics, the increase was 309% at all. The battery with a capacity of 5020 mAh is responsible for autonomy, providing up to 185 hours of listening to music, 31 hours of talking on the phone, or 19 hours of video playback.
Additional features include a 3.5 mm headphone jack, an IR port for controlling household appliances, and NFC for contactless payment for purchases.
Specifications of Redmi 9:
- Display: IPS, 6.53 ", 2340x1080, Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G80, Mali-G52 MC2 Graphics
- RAM: 3/4 GB, LPDDR4x
- Built-in memory: 32/64 GB, eMMC 5.1
- Main camera: 13 megapixels (f/2.2) + 8 megapixels (f/2.2, viewing angle 118 °) + 5 megapixels (macro lens) + 2 megapixels (f/2.4, depth sensor)
- Front camera: 8 MP
- Battery: 5020 mAh, 18 W fast charge (10 W adapter included)
- Security: rear fingerprint scanner
- Communication: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS, AGPS, Beidou, GLONASS, NFC, FM radio, Infrared
- Connectors: USB Type-C, 3.5mm
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 77 x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 198 grams
In Spain, Redmi 9 is priced at €149 and €179 for versions 3 + 32 GB and 4 + 64 GB respectively.
22 September 2020, TuesdayInexpensive Nokia 3.4 with NFC and Nokia 2.4 with a capacious battery were presented
28 September 2020, MondayAll specifications and press renderings of Xiaomi Mi 10T and Mi 10T Pro published before the announcement
02 September 2020, WednesdaySamsung released a budget 5G smartphone, an inexpensive tablet and a fitness tracker
19 August 2020, WednesdayFive best new smartphones under $100
12 August 2020, WednesdayMicrosoft has announced the final specifications of the Suface Duo and announced a launch date
03 September 2020, ThursdayPrice tag and live photos of Poco X3 NFC leaked to the network