iQOO 5 Pro: 120Hz display, ultra-fast charging and 60x zoom
The iQOO brand has introduced the flagship smartphone iQOO 5 Pro, which has received a powerful Snapdragon 865 processor, up to 12 GB of RAM and support for 120W power supplies. Another new product of the manufacturer is the more affordable iQOO 5, which differs from the older version in some design and hardware characteristics.
Both versions of the new product are equipped with a 6.56-inch flat AMOLED display with a refresh rate of 120 Hz and a sensor sensitivity indicator equal to 240 Hz. In the Pro model, the screen has a characteristic rounding with an influx on the side faces so that the thickness of the frames is only 1.48 mm. Both devices received a 16-megapixel front-facing camera embedded in the matrix.
The smartphones are based on the Snapdragon 865 mobile platform and are equipped with a Snapdragon X55 5G modem. The maximum amount of RAM standard LPDDR5 reaches 12 GB. Given the high performance of the device, the vendor equipped the flagships with a liquid cooling system with an area of 12,751 square millimeters - 21.4% more than the previously presented iQOO 3.
One of the main differences between the devices is the composition of the main camera module. The main 50-megapixel Samsung GN1 sensor is present on both models. The iQOO 5 also has a 13-megapixel portrait sensor, which in the Pro version is replaced by an 8-megapixel module with a telephoto lens and functions of 5x optical and 60x digital zoom.
In addition, the iQOO 5 version is equipped with a 4500 mAh battery with support for 55 W fast charging, while the more advanced iQOO 5 Pro received a 4000 mAh battery, but with the possibility of "recharging" with a 120-watt power supply.
Specifications of iQOO 5 | iQOO 5 Pro:
- Display: 6.56 ", 2376x1080 pixels, AMOLED, 19.8: 9, 120 Hz
- Processor: Snapdragon 865
- RAM: 8/12 GB, LPDDR5
- Built-in memory: 128/256 GB, UFS 3.1
- Main camera: 50 Mp, Samsung GN1, (f/1.85) + 13 Mp (120°, f/2.2) + 13 Mp (focal length 50 mm, f/2.46) | 50 MP, Samsung GN1, (f/1.85) + 13 MP (120°, f/2.2) + 8 MP (periscope module, f/3.4, 60x zoom)
- Front camera: 16 MP (f/2.45)
- Battery: 4500 mAh, 55 W | 4000 mAh, 120 W
- Communication and interfaces: 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS / GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Size: 160.04 x 75.6 x 8.32mm | 159.56 x 73.3 x 9.53 mm
- Weight: 197g | 198 g
iQOO 5 is offered at a price of $576 for the 8/128 GB version, the model with 12/128 GB of memory will cost $619, and the 12/256 GB memory modification is estimated by the manufacturer at $662. The iQOO 5 Pro price tag starts at $720 for the 8/256 GB version, and the vendor asks for $792 for a 12/256 GB smartphone. The devices will go on sale in China on August 24th.