HONOR X10 Max: huge screen, capacious battery and stereo speakers
HONOR brand announced the release of a new smartphone X10 Max. The model differs from the previously released HONOR X10: the most striking features include a much larger display diagonal exceeding 7 inches, a more capacious battery, the presence of powerful stereo speakers, and support for contactless payment via NFC.
HONOR X10 Max received a 7.09-inch IPS display with Full HD+resolution. And if the usual X10 front camera was hidden inside the case on a sliding mechanism, then the new product has a small teardrop-shaped cutout on the screen. It is worth noting that this smartphone uses a special LCD matrix with a non-standard pixel arrangement - RGBRGW instead of the traditional RGBRGB. Adding a white subpixel helped increase the maximum brightness to 780 nits while reducing power consumption by 14%.
The new product supports a special algorithm for improving the video. For example, when viewing low-quality videos in 480p or lower format, the image is automatically improved to a higher resolution. For a better immersion in the content, the X10 Max is equipped with stereo speakers with dedicated amplifiers. In addition, HUAWEI Histen6.1 proprietary technology improves the sound quality depending on the content being played, whether it's music or a movie.
The MediaTek Dimensity 800 OCTA-core processor was chosen as the hardware platform for the HONOR X10 Max. The battery with a capacity of 5000 mAh is responsible for autonomy. The manufacturer claims that the full charge is enough for 50.2 hours of work in music playback mode, 16.4 hours of online video viewing, or up to 12 hours in games. It supports fast charging with a power of 22.5 W.
Specifications of HONOR X10 Max:
- Display: IPS, 7.09 ", 2280x1080, HDR10, 100% DCI-P3 compliance
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 800, Mali-G57 Graphics
- Memory: 6 + 64 GB, 6 + 128 GB, 8 + 128 GB
- Main camera: 48 megapixels + 8 megapixels (ultra-wide viewing angle) + 2 megapixels (macro lens)
- Front camera: 8 MP
- Battery: 5000 mAh, 22.5 W fast charge
- Communication: 5G SA / NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 5 (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS, NFC
- Connectors: USB Type-C, 3.5mm
- Security: side fingerprint scanner
- Audio: stereo speakers
- OS: Android 10 + MagicUI 3.1
- Dimensions: 174.3 x 84.91 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 227 grams
HONOR X10 Max will go on sale July 3 at a price of $269 for a minimum configuration with 6 + 64 GB. Versions with 6 + 128 GB and 8 + 128 GB will cost $297 and $354 respectively.