OPPO Reno5: 90Hz screen, 64MP camera and 65W charging
With the release of Reno3 in March and then Reno4 in August, OPPO decided to introduce the fifth generation of Reno smartphones at the end of the year. Among the features of the new products are a screen with a refresh rate of 90 Hz, a camera with a resolution of 64 megapixels, and support for 65-watt fast charging.
OPPO Reno5 Pro has a 6.55-inch OLED display with Full HD+ resolution, 90Hz refresh rate, and a built-in fingerprint scanner. The screen is curved at the sides. The flagship MediaTek Dimensity 1000+ chipset was chosen as the hardware platform. The battery with a capacity of 4350 mAh with support for fast 65-watt charging is responsible for autonomy. The main camera resolution is 64 megapixels.
The usual OPPO Reno5 has a slightly smaller screen diagonal of 6.43 inches, which also has no bends on the sides. At the same time, the displays are identical in characteristics. Other differences from the Pro version include the Snapdragon 765G processor and a slightly smaller 4300 mAh battery.
OPPO Reno5 Specifications | Reno5 Pro:
- Display: 6.43", OLED, 2400x1080, 90 Hz | 6.55", OLED, 2400x1080, 90 Hz
- Processor: Snapdragon 765G | Dimensity 1000+
- Memory: 8 GB LPDDR4x + 128 GB UFS 2.1, 12 GB LPDDR4x + 256 GB UFS 2.1
Main camera: 64 MP (f/1.7) + 8 MP (viewing angle 119°, f/2.2) + 2 MP (macro lens) + 2 MP (monochrome depth sensor)
- Front camera: 32 MP, f/2.4
- Battery: 4300 mAh, fast charging 65 W | 4350 mAh, fast charging 65 W
- Security: sub-screen fingerprint scanner
- Communication: 5G (SA / NSA), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS / GLONASS / Beidou, NFC (only in the Pro version)
- Connectors: USB Type-C, 3.5mm (Reno5 only)
- OS: ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11
- Dimensions: 159.1 x 73.4 x 7.9mm | 159.7 x 73.2 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 172g | 173 g
OPPO Reno5 in the 8 + 128 GB version will cost $412, and in the 12 + 256 GB version - $458. OPPO Reno5 Pro in similar configurations is priced at $519 and $580, respectively. They will go on sale on December 18.
The company also announced that it will unveil the OPPO Reno5 Pro+ on December 24th with Snapdragon 865 processor, 50MP Sony IMX766 camera, and a 4,500mAh battery.