HUAWEI nova 8 SE: Price, Features, and Specifications
After numerous rumors, HUAWEI has officially unveiled the new nova 8 SE smartphone. The model features a new design with flat sides of the case, an OLED screen with a built-in fingerprint scanner, and fast charging, as in the flagship Mate40 Pro.
HUAWEI nova 8 SE received a 6.53-inch OLED display with a built-in fingerprint scanner. The matrix has a standard refresh rate of 60 Hz. At the top of the screen, there is a teardrop-shaped cutout for the front camera with a resolution of 16 megapixels. On the back, there is a square block with four camera modules: the main one with 64 megapixels, an ultra-wide-angle one with 8 megapixels, and a pair of 2 megapixels for macro photography and depth-of-field analysis.
The smartphone is available in two versions: with a MediaTek Dimensity 720 processor in the base and Dimensity 820U in the nova 8 SE High Edition. In both cases, the device is equipped with 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage. A 3800 mAh battery is responsible for autonomy. There is support for 66W fast charging - the same as in the flagship models of the Mate40 series.
Specifications HUAWEI nova 8 SE:
- Display: AMOLED, 6.53", 2400x1080, 100% coverage DCI-P3, HDR10
- Chipset: eight-core MediaTek Dimensity 720 or Dimensity 820U
- RAM: 8 GB
- Built-in memory: 128 GB
- Main camera: 64 MP (f/1.9) + 8 MP (f/2.4, ultra-wide angle) + 2 MP (depth sensor, f/2.4) + 2 MP (macro lens, f/2.4)
- Front camera: 16 MP (f/2.0)
- Battery: 3800mAh, 66W fast charging
- Security: sub-screen fingerprint scanner
- Communication: 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, AGPS, Beidou, GLONASS, USB Type-C
- OS: EMUI 10.1 based on Android 10
- Dimensions: 161.6 x 74.8 x 7.46 mm
- Weight: 178 grams
HUAWEI nova 8 SE with a Dimensity 720 processor costs $392, and a modification on Dimensity 820U is priced at $407.