realme Q2 5G and realme Q2 Pro 5G: Price, Features, and Specifications
Realme has introduced two mid-range smartphones with support for fifth-generation mobile networks. New products under the names realme Q2 5G and Q2 Pro 5G received high-performance MediaTek Dimensity processors and fast charging, while the models differ in the display refresh rate and camera module configuration.
The Pro version of realme Q2 has a 6.4-inch 60Hz Super AMOLED screen with Full HD + resolution and 120Hz sampling rate. The display of the new product with a small hole for a 16-megapixel selfie module occupies 90.8% of the front panel area. The smartphone is based on the MediaTek Dimensity 800U mobile platform and is equipped with 8 GB of RAM. The built-in storage capacity of the model is 128 or 256 GB, depending on the modification.
The rear camera of the device includes a 48-megapixel main module, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle glass (viewing angle 119°), a 2-megapixel macro lens with the ability to focus at a distance of up to 4 cm, and a monochrome sensor with a similar resolution.
A built-in 4300 mAh battery with support for 65 W SuperDart Charge fast charging is responsible for the autonomy of the smartphone. As a biometric sensor for unlocking, the manufacturer chose a sub-screen fingerprint scanner.
The basic version of realme Q2 received a 6.5-inch IPS display with refresh rates and sampling rates of 120 and 180 Hz, respectively. The resolution of the device matrix is 2400x1080 pixels. The fingerprint scanner is located on the side of the case. The front camera module embedded in the upper left corner of the smartphone screen is identical to the Pro version, and the main camera is represented by three sensors with a resolution of 48, 8 (wide-angle optics), and 2 megapixels (macro lens).
Like the older model, the gadget received a MediaTek Dimensity 800U processor, but at the same time, it is presented with 4 or 6 GB of RAM and only one option of the built-in storage of 128 GB. At the same time, the battery capacity of the device is higher (5000 mAh), but the fast charging power is limited to 30 W.
Both models run the realme UI software based on Android 10.
Specifications of the Realme Q2 Pro 5G | Q2 5G:
- Display: Super AMOLED, 6.4", 2400x1080, 60Hz | IPS, 6.5", 2400x1080, 120Hz
- Processor: 8-core 7nm MediaTek Dimensity 800U (MT6873V) processor (4 x 2.4 GHz Cortex-A76 + 4 x 2 GHz Cortex-A55)
- RAM: 8 GB | 4/6 GB LPDDR4X
- Built-in memory: 128/256 GB | 128 GB UFS 2.1, microSD
- Main camera: 48 MP (f/1.8) + 8 MP (f/2.3) + 2 MP + 2 MP (f/2.4) | 48 MP (f/1.8) + 8 MP (f/2.3) + 2 MP (f/2.4)
- Front camera: 16 MP (f/2.1)
- Battery: 4300mAh, 65W Fast Charging | 5000mAh, Fast Charging 30W
- Communication: 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- Connectors: USB Type-C, 3.5 mm audio jack
- Security: Subscreen Fingerprint Scanner | fingerprint sensor on the side
- Case thickness: 160.9 x 74.4 x 8.1 mm | 162.2 x 75.1 x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 175 grams | 194 grams
New realme items will go on sale next week, October 19. The price of the realme Q2 Pro 5G will be $266 for the 8/128 GB version and $296 for the 8/256 GB model. The basic version of the realme Q2 5G in the 4/128 GB modification will cost customers $192, and the model with 6 GB of RAM and a 128 GB drive is estimated by the manufacturer at $207.